If you are reading this, that probably means you are about to take part in an assessment. Many people find that exciting! It is also a lot of fun. If you do not have much experience with assessments yet, it is advisable to prepare well. How do you do that? Here are a few practical tips:
- Make sure you understand the purpose of the assessment.
- Take care of practical matters. Where will the assessment be conducted and how do you get there?
- If you are taking part in an online assessment at home, it is important to make sure you have a quiet place to sit with a stable internet connection and a modern web browser. Try to find a time and place where you can work uninterrupted.
- Complete some example tests to get a better idea of what to expect. Some organisations will offer candidates the opportunity to practise.
- Above all be yourself. At the end of the day, it's you who has to do the job, so it's best that it's a job that actually suits you.
To perform optimally during the actual assessment, it is advisable to look at some example or practice tests beforehand. You can find a few on this page: https://www.ixly.com/nl/oefentesten